1. OASIS MASTIFF CHAT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CONTENT POSTED ON THIS SITE BY ITS MEMBERS.
2. All individuals will conform to the MCOA standards and Ethics Concerning Breeding criteria.
3. Treat others with respect. Not everyone has the same amount of knowledge that you do. An “ignorant” question could help save the life of a Mastiff.
4. If you don’t know, ask. The knowledge base on this forum is one of the best in the country.
5. Debate is encouraged; however again, remain civil and back up your position with documentation within five years. Breeds, Veterinarians, Health Care, Show Standards, and Politics all have changed. Remain to the best of your ability current. It will better serve everyone.
6. In the course of a debate, negative verbiage such as “Liar, Plagiarism, Slander, Vulgarity...etc.” will not be tolerated, as this could possibly have an adverse effect on Oasis Mastiffs ET al.
7. Individuals that continually position their argument to #6 will have their thread and or reply warned in the thread as to not turn negative. In the event that it continues, the thread and or reply will be moved to a new forum designated by Moderator(s). If the member of the forum continues his or her rant or negative exchange, they will not be asked to leave; they will be removed and permanently banned from the site, period.
8. It is the intention of OMC to ensure a safe environment for all ages to come and learn of the Mastiff Breed. It is not the intent of OMC to tell you the member how to act; however at the discretion of the Moderators, content may and will be changed as deemed necessary.
9. Section 47 U.S.C. 230(c) (1): PROTECTION FOR ‘GOOD SAMARITAN’ BLOCKING AND SCREENING OF OFFENSIVE MATERIAL-(1) TREATMENT OF PUBLISHER OR SPEAKER-No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider. This is from the Telecommunications Act of 1996.
10. Be aware of Copyright laws concerning Internet usage, seek permission of a quoted source, and or post a link to the source. Quote your source. In short, give credit where credit is due, again this is for the betterment of everyone.
11. OMC is a Moderated Forum, and all are volunteers, if you have a disagreement with a Moderator, please contact that Moderator through the private messaging system. If you are unable to reach a resolution with a Moderator, please feel free to contact the Administrator. The Administrator will support the Moderator’s decision; however we are willing to listen to any valid complaint.
12. Oasis Mastiff Chat, provides a solid atmosphere with an outstanding information base, a strong grid of breeders and show people, it is the intent of Oasis Mastiff Chat to keep that base.